Effective Date: June 2022
- WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
- PURPOSES FOR WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- LEGAL GROUNDS WE RELY ON TO COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA
- SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
- SOCIAL FEATURES
- EMBEDDED YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- DATA RETENTION POLICY
- HOW WE ENSURE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- YOUR RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
- HOW TO CONTACT US
When you visit our website, register for our services, log in to your account and provide your feedback, you are placing your trust in us to handle your personal data responsibly.
We recognise that this is a big responsibility on our part and we do our best to ensure that you fully understand how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
2. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
Registered business name: Fancensus.com Limited
Business Address: 55 Station Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 1QL.
Email: [email protected]
- “Us”, “We”, “Data Controller” means Guruu/Fancensus.com Limited, the data controller as referred to in Section 2 above.
- “Website” means https://theguruu.com/
- “Registered User” means individuals who have registered for an account on Website.
- “User” means individuals who browse our website without registering for an account.
- “Personal data” means any piece of information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Services” mean any services, including providing Registered Users and Users access to the content on our website.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect following categories of personal data about you:
a. Basic personal data:
When you register for an account on our Website, you provide us with basic personal data such as your name and surname, your email address, your age, your gender, date of birth, password and profile picture.
b. Data about your visit to and our use of Website:
When you visit and interact with our Website, we collect data about the pages you viewed, how much time you spent on each page, the previous pages you have visited and how you interacted with them.
c. Data about your device
We may also collect your IP address, your geographic location, your operating system, your browser, your browser language, data identifying your device.
d. Data we collect via social media platforms and other third party services
When you connect your social media accounts and other third party accounts with your account on our Website, we may collect data linked to these accounts when you provide your consent to us accessing this data.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect personal data about you in the following ways:
1. Data you voluntarily disclose to us
- When you registered for an account on our Website;
When you register for an account, you provide us with your basic personal data such as your name, email address, date of birth, your profile picture and your gender.
2. Data we automatically collect when you visit or interact with our Website
- Data we collect via tracking technologies
3. Data we collect from third party sources
When you connect your social media accounts with your Account, you authorise us to access your personal data that these platforms may provide us with to authenticate your logging in. This may include data about your account, your email address and other types of personal data.
When you share video content on our website on third party social media platforms and click on their ‘Share’ or ‘like’ widgets embedded on our Website, your personal data may be transmitted to these third parties.
6. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To provide you with our Services
We collect basic personal data via account registration and log-in via social media platforms/third party services to:
- Making our services and content available to you,
- Enable you to access our content and Services,
- Allow you to link your account with third party accounts,
To allow you to share content on third party social media platforms and services
- To allow you to share content you enjoy via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) and third party services (Whatsapp)
To de-identify personal data, aggregate it and share with third parties for analytical purposes
- When you provide us with your feedback on the content you interact with, we aggregate your feedback along with other feedback from other users and we then share this aggregated data with third parties for analytical purposes.
- This data is anonymous and cannot identify you or any specific individuals. This aggregated data allows third party game developers to improve their product and offerings.
To improve and maintain our Services and Content
We also use your data to ensure that our services operate as intended, our content is always available and to track and resolve outages and for troubleshooting.
7. LEGAL BASIS WE RELY ON TO COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA
Under the UK Data law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, data controllers must identify a lawful basis to process personal data.
We rely on following legal basis to justify processing of your personal data:
When you provide your name, surname, e-mail address, gender, date of birth and when you use social media platforms and third party services to log in to your account, we rely on your ‘consent’ in accordance with article 6 GDPR to collect and use your personal data.
You can de-link your account from these third party accounts at any time. Linking these accounts is not mandatory for access to and use of Guruu services under any circumstances.
- Legitimate Interests:
10. EMBEDDED YOUTUBE VIDEOS
We embed Youtube videos on our Website in the privacy-enhanced mode.
For more information about the privacy-enhanced mode and embedded Youtube videos, please visit the following pages:
11. DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will retain our registered users’ personal data so long as our users do not delete their account.
We will delete any personal data we hold no later than 12 months after a user deletes their account.
Our registered users may request the deletion of their account at any time within their account settings by emailing [email protected] and in the subject line stating theguruu account deletion. Please include your guruu name and registered email address.
When we receive a request for data deletion, we will immediately delete any personal data we hold about our users unless:
- There is a legal or regulatory requirements that requires the retention of data for longer periods such as those due to tax law;
- For other reasons as stated in this policy.
13. HOW WE ENSURE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
To protect your personal data against any type of unauthorised access, loss or modification, we take all appropriate technical, organisational and contractual measures that are commercially reasonable.
How we safeguard your personal data
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use our best endeavors to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with.
When you access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all reasonable efforts to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When we ask for your feedback on the content we provide on our Website, we do not collect any personally identifiable data such as your name or your email address. The feedback you provide is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you.
When we share feedback with third party partners, we only provide them the feedback after we aggregate it. We never share any personal data with third party partners.
In the unlikely event that the security of your Personal Data in our possession or control is compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
14. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights and how you can exercise them. Every user, whether registered or not, can exercise the following statutory rights:
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it;
- Right of Access: You may request to see and obtain copies of the personal data we have about you and whether we process your data;
- Right to Rectification: You may request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data that we have about you;
- Right to Be Forgotten: In certain circumstances you may (unless other grounds set forth in the law applies) exercise your right to be forgotten (have your personal data erased);
- Right to Restriction: You may request to restrict the processing of your data because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or objections against its legitimate usage – i.e. requesting that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We can do this by keeping a single record of your data on a suppression list;
- Right to Object: You may raise objections to our processing of your personal data if we are relying on legitimate interest as the lawful ground for data processing; and
- Right to Data Portability: If applicable, you may ask for your personal data to be transferred to another organisation.
15. HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Application by post:
- Application via email:
When you make a request to exercise your legal rights, you should include the following information alongside your request:
- Describe your request in detail.
- Include the email address and the name & surname associated with your account
- Provide us with your contact details
Be noted that we will email you to verify the authenticity of your request to exercise your rights.
We reserve the right to ask for any additional information to verify your identity before satisfying your request.
We aim to respond to your request to exercise your legal rights within the time periods set by relevant applicable laws.
16. YOUR RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you think that processing of your personal data was in violation of the applicable laws.
For further information, please visit ICO’s website here.
When we make changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through sending emails.
We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
18. HOW TO CONTACT US
Registered Business name: Fancensus.com Limited
Mailing address: 55 Station Rd, Beaconsfield, HP9 1QL.
Business email: [email protected]
9. SOCIAL FEATURES
Our Website includes features that allows you to start interactions between our Website and third-party platforms and services, including social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter).
For instance, we embed “like” and “share” buttons of different social media platforms such as facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Whatsapp.
If you have an account with these social media platforms and you are logged in via your social media accounts, these platforms may connect your visit to our website and your behaviour with the personal data they already hold about you and use the combined data for other purposes.
Even when you do not have an account on one of these social media platforms, they may still collect personal data such as your IP address and pages you viewed and your behaviour when you visit our Website.
To fully understand what kind of personal data is collected and how it is used, you should review the privacy policies of these platforms: